CREATIVITY – Developing Communication, Creativity, Critical thinking and Collaboration skills amongst job seekers in the creative and cultural sectors
In Europe, the creative and cultural sectors have been identified as key areas for investment and growth. However the fundamental transversal skills of Communication, Creativity, Critical thinking and Collaboration, sometimes referred to as the 4Cs, which are of such importance to those working in these sectors are receiving less and less attention. This is happening according as the importance of the humanities in our educational systems declines which is often where such skills are taught.
The CREATIVITY Project aims to support the resilience of the creative and cultural sectors by focusing attention on the 4Cs amongst those planning to work in such sectors.
The CREATIVITY partnership is doing this by:
- Studying the skills training of students and the predicted future needs of the sector to identify gaps in terms of fostering the 4Cs;
- Creating a set of 10 digitally interactive education sessions and supporting teaching materials that will utilise performing and visual arts methods to develop key competencies;
- Validating the application of these sessions through having participates create digital portfolios which verify their competences in the 4Cs which can be shared with future employers;
- Creating a best practice report based on a thorough evaluation which will enable the continued development of the practice and relationships fostered in this project.
– DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY, UK (project leader)
– ATIT BVBA, Belgium
– LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY, UK
– SPES GMBH, Austria
– ISTITUTO LUIGI STURZO, Italy
– RESEARCH PATHS ETAIREIA EREYNAS, Greece
– Siena Art Institute Onlus, Italy
– VšI “Lyderystės ir verslo akademija”, Lithuania